Sunday, November 8, 2009

Amazing

Today was a phenomenal day at God's house! God truly inhabited our worship of Him today. Frank had asked me to sing In Christ Alone as part of the choir special. It was a no brainer for me to say yes, but I was nervous. God has been dealing with my pride so much lately and I did NOT want to sing if it would glorify me. I think for a long time that I had taken pride in my voice and it had become too easy for me to get up and sing at church and not truly sing to Him. After a year or more of not being part of a worship team, God stripped me of that position to teach me that it's not about me...at all. I have an audience of one...Him. I continuously prayed for 2 weeks that He sing through me today.

Just before I was to sing, I began to feel the heart racing and the clammy hands begin. I prayed that God would wash over me and overtake me. I felt a tingle start at my head and radiate down my arms and then....peace. He sang through me. After singing (with my eyes closed, as I always do), I looked out and saw the congregation. Tears came to my eyes as I saw the once seated crowd on their feet praising God. Not me...God. That made my heart sing and I was truly able to give God ALL the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment